I was already writing a 25 Bookish Facts About Me post so that you may have an inkling as to who the blogger is behind the blog. But then Tea With Rose’s Tomes nominated me in the Mystery Blogger Award post and here we are.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank her, the creator of this tag Okoto Enigma, and my blog’s followers because you all prove to me how despite our differences of opinion with the books we read and review, the book community is very welcoming to newbies.
That being said, here are the rules of this award tag:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I love to travel. I have half a mind to mix travel entries in this blog aside from books because reading and traveling coincide with one another in my opinion. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s just a 30-minute drive to a new place I haven’t been to or an 18-hour flight to a different continent: I still consider it traveling and an adventure.
- I don’t know what my favorite color is. I get stressed out when people ask me what my favorite color is. I love all colors. Some days I love one more than the others. But I can never tell you which specifically is the best. It depends on my mood. That’s why I tend to color my hair differently (sometimes 2 colors at once) and change them frequently.
- I read faster when it’s an eBook. I don’t even want to think about those people who say that eBooks aren’t counted as “real” books! What even? Same content, same cover, same author. How is that not real or counted when you’re a bibliophile? Truth is, I read faster in digital format. I don’t fuss if I’m cracking the spine or dirtying the pages; I don’t need to worry that my bookmark is getting lost whilst I’m busy reading; I don’t lose 0.5 seconds of my time with every page turned. So yes, eBooks are the BEST!
Tea With Roses Tomes Questions
1. What is your favorite trilogy of all time? I want to say that my favorite trilogy of all time is some epic high fantasy or grimdark series because that’s the genre I’m currently obsessed with and want to read more of. But I haven’t gotten the chance to finish any trilogies from that genre yet. I’m really bad at concluding a series.
Off the top of my head, though, The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare is probably my most favorite to this day. I love Jem Carstairs and Will Herondale! Their friendship is goals and that series made me cry. And I don’t easily cry with books.
I also just recently finished reading Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown (I HAVE A SERIES REVIEW FOR THAT ONE, IF YOU’RE INTERESTED TO READ IT) and although I didn’t like the first book, I love the trilogy as a whole. So it’s probably a favorite too.
All For The Game trilogy by Nora Sakavic is definitely a favorite trilogy of mine! I didn’t like the first book but as a series, I absolutely love it. I constantly think about it and its characters. I feel like they’re real and I want to be friends with them.
And of course, Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab. I mean, Kell Maresh. You know? You know.
2. What is your most loved trope and most hated? I can write an entire blog post about this. I have so many hated tropes you will not believe I even bother to read at all because I always see something I hate in every single book!
But off the top of my head, I can definitely say that I’m a sucker for boy bestfriends. Platonic friendship but they’re so sweet with one another that they don’t even care if they look cheesy to others. Ones where they’re so close that biological brothers will be put to shame of their brotherhood. I love that. An example of this is Locke & Jean from The Gentlemen Bastards series by Scott Lynch. These two will literally live and die for one another. And they have that “bros before h*es” thing down to a pat. I’m a big fan.
My most hated trope will probably be the one where the bestfriend gets so angry at the protagonist because he/she withheld information and didn’t bear all to said bestfriend and bestfriend finds out and accuses protagonist of lying.
People, there is a difference between keeping something to yourself and lying. Also, just because you’re bestfriends, you are NOT entitled to know everything. Get over it. Back off. Everyone has a right to keep something for himself.
This is why I rarely read contemporaries because contemporaries, especially Young Adult, contain this trope!
Okay. Moving on.
3. Favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?Okay, I have a lot of answers for this one too! I can make a separate blog post. But for right now, here’s who my favorites are:
Bookish OTPs (canon pairings I am obsessed with)
- Magnus & Alec
- Adam & Ronan
- Simon & Baz
- Eleanor & Park
- Stargirl & Leo
- Neil & Andrew
- Kaz & Inej
- Clary & Jace
My Book Boyfriends (ones I want to have as my boyfriend/s — if only they were real!)
- Locke Lamora
- Leo Valdez
- Park Sheridan
- Jace Herondale
- Harry Potter
- Chaol Westfall
- Kaz Brekker
- Ronan Lynch
4. What is your favorite beverage? My absolute favorite is Coca-Cola VANILLA!!! If I see one (which is rare where I live), I buy and drink a lot.
I also love boba milktea.
And avocado shake.
And watermelon shake.
And melon milk.
5. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? I have a question about this question: if I attempt anything that is physically harrowing, will I feel the pain the morning after? If yes, then I’d probably just stay in bed and live normally. Because what can you do to be immortal in a day? That’s useless.
But if no, I will not feel any pain or consequence once I’m mortal again… then you best believe I will do crazy crazy things!
I’d probably parkour even if I don’t know how. I’d go skateboarding and attempt big ramps. I’d do whatever the Avengers do and beat bad people up! I’m immortal, they can’t shoot me to stop me. Although, being immortal doesn’t make you invincible to torture and pain. So these are all still up for debate.
To those I will tag, please answer these and let me know if you actually took the time to re-post this tag and andwered my questions. I’d really love to know!
- If you could read just one book for the rest of your life, over and over, what book will it be? (NO series, just 1 book)
- Which bookish character do you hate the most? Explain.
- Do you feel personally attacked when people say bad things about your favorite book? Explain.
- Do you separate the author from their works? Meaning, if you heard bad things about an author, will you still read any of their works or will you take it against them and not support them at all?
- Have you read any of the Harry Potter books? If yes, which one is your favorite book? If no, which do you think you’ll like best based on the title and cover?